The new P8820D ABG paver from Volvo Construction Equipment (Volvo CE) aims to be the ultimate in paving productivity. The 2.5m based paver with high capacity hopper and high-performance Volvo engine is a powerful paver ready to take on the largest paving projects.
Strong and steady, the 325mm wide and 3,120mm long tracks combined with its robust frame and components assure stability and smoothness throughout the paving process. This new model also has a maximum paving width of 13 meters and a paving thickness of up to 300mm. With a hopper capacity of 14.7t and a large conveyor tunnel, the P8820D ABG is able to achieve an output of 1,100 tons per hour.
The premium Volvo engine is specifically tuned to meet the needs of the hydraulic system and combines high torque at low rpm for superior performance and efficiency. Fuel consumption can be further reduced with the introduction of intelligent features such as adaptive ECO Mode, which matches engine output to jobsite requirements. This gives operators the power to perform as well as reducing noise levels – benefitting the paving crew and local community alike. Insulated components throughout the machine offer further noise reduction.
Big doesn’t mean inflexible. With a range of configurations available, you can prepare your paver to succeed in a wide range of specialist applications in addition to asphalt paving. Achieve the highest levels of pre-compaction behind the screed in activities such as ballast paving and working with cement-treated base and roller compacted concrete materials.
Quality that lasts
Customers can rely on this machine for consistent paving results. The Volvo design focuses on quality and uptime and the P8820D ABG is dependable day after day with:
- Increased auger height adjustment ranges from 120mm to 200mm, which allows for optimal material flow in the auger channel for a wide range of layer thicknesses up to 300mm.
- The unique Volvo automatic hydraulic track tensioner increases uptime and lowers operating costs. This provides more precise and stable steering, while the durable track scrapers further contribute towards a smoother surface finish.
- The optional Volvo patented screed load device ensures consistent high-quality results throughout the entirety of the project, by preventing start-off bumps. The screed tensioning device locks torsional stiffness across the length of the screed, ensuring a consistent angle of attack across the full screed width. The result is a consistent layer thickness Outstanding drive power and machine traction provide optimal force in all paving situations.
- Ready to ‘plug-and-play’ with a variety of leveling equipment – including 3D leveling.
- A Soft dock option helps to absorb impact during docking thanks to damped push rollers, keeping mat quality level high due to reduced risk of marks behind the screed.
- Quick and safe servicing. The P8820D ABG has improved service access to essential checkpoints via a wide opening access hatch on the operator platform. This provides ease of maintenance, reduces downtime and minimizes operational costs.